Street Truck Showdown - Silverado Cheyenne Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 11 Old 12-13-2013, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Street Truck Showdown

Lets be honest, the Silverado Cheyenne concept from SEMA this year was a response to RAM's Rumble Bee concept from Woodward and Fords now in production F-150 Tremor. The internet says RAM is considering the Rumble Bee for production just like in 2004 and 2005, while Chevy is also considering Cheyenne as the outline for a Silverado SS reincarnate.

With that in mind lets look at the three burly street trucks. Do keep in mind that Rumble Bee and Cheyenne are concepts while the Tremor is a full fledged production vehicle, so if things seem to be slightly bonkers you'll know why.

RAM 1500 Rumble Bee

• Styling inspired by the Dodge Super Bee from the '60s
  • This isn't the first time RAM has done a Rumble Bee there was a limited production run in 2004 and 2005.
  • The Rumble Bee is powered by the tried and true 5.7L HEMI good for 396 hp and 407 lb-ft of twist, force fed by a Mopar cold air intake, mated to an 8 speed TorqueFlite gearbox that puts its power down through a 4.10 rear end.
  • In typical street fashion the Rumble Bee is a regular cab, short box configuration all dipped in a lovely matte yellow scheme that screams SEE ME.
  • Completing the look is a Super Bee hockey stick decal, 24 inch Vellano VRH rims and a 2 inch drop in ride height courtesy of King Suspension

Ford F-150 Tremor

• While not an SVT vehicle or an official replacement for the F-150 Lightening, the Tremor is as close as you're going to get to a modern day Lightening from Ford.
  • Riding on FX2/FX4 Suspension, regular cab short box and motivated by Fords 3.5L EcoBoost V6 that kicks out 365 horsepower and 420 lb-fts pushed through a 4.10 rear end.
  • Unfortunately the Tremor lacks in this comparison because it is simply a regular cab short box F-150 with the 3.5L EcoBoost, a combination that was not previously available. There has been no driveline or suspension modifications to the Tremor besides the hotter 4.10 in back.
  • Pricing Begins at $38K, which in my opinion is a little steep for basically an appearance package and it leaves the door wide open for offers from Chevrolet or RAM to either undercut on price or overpower the Tremor on gear. But it cannot be discounted that of the three the Tremor is the only one actually in production.
  • 5080 lbs curb weight= 13.9 lbs/HP

Chevrolet Silverado Cheyenne

• King of the power band, the Cheyenne shows up to dinner sporting an aggressive 6.2L V8 good for a fuel munching 420 hp and a road bending 460 lb-ft of torque.
  • 4,303 lbs=10.25 lbs/HP
  • Cheyenne shed 200 lbs from a standard regular cab Silverado through the use of carbon fiber front and rear bumpers, skirts and tailgate. Tow package delete, spare delete center console delete, aluminium drive shaft and composite alloy leaf springs.
  • To build Cheyenne Chevrolet raided the Camaro parts bin and came up with a functional aero package with lip spoiler on the gate and Z/28 extractor vent on the hood. Plus the addition of the z/28s carbon ceramic Brembosm Recaro buckets and flat-bottom steering wheel. Lastly Cheyenne got its shoes from the Z/28
  • This could be the future of the Silverado SS, don't don't expect such an exotic truck if/when Cheyenne makes it to production. I expect it to keep the 6.2 but will likely loose the Brembos, Recaros and carbon fiber.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-13-2013, 12:01 PM

god that bumble bee is horrible

the only thing that is cheesy about the cheyenne is the carbon wrapped rear

post #3 of 11 Old 12-13-2013, 12:55 PM

At least the cheyenne gets more cool points for the great use of real carbon fiber.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 12-13-2013, 04:35 PM

I really hope that they turn these concepts into street trucks. Since Ford did it would make sense for Ram and Chevy. I really wish that the carbon fiber would stay on the Cheyenne. I know that it would make the price go up pretty drastically, but wouldn't it be worth the look and the reduced weight?
post #5 of 11 Old 12-15-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusef View Post
I really hope that they turn these concepts into street trucks. Since Ford did it would make sense for Ram and Chevy. I really wish that the carbon fiber would stay on the Cheyenne. I know that it would make the price go up pretty drastically, but wouldn't it be worth the look and the reduced weight?
Its going to cost a lot, hopefully they can work on pricing it right, even if they have to take a hit. it will build some positive rep for them.

post #6 of 11 Old 12-16-2013, 09:25 AM

The production will likely loose most of the concepts crazyness.

post #7 of 11 Old 12-16-2013, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

for Cheyenne or Silvy SS to be competitive is realistically a simple formula. Short bed/reg cab, LARGE engine, 1 inch suspension drop....

We'll take your $35 large now please
post #8 of 11 Old 12-17-2013, 09:39 AM

well I know that noone is making my money unless its well deserved. so they better get workin.

post #9 of 11 Old 12-17-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burritotacosalsa View Post
The production will likely loose most of the concepts crazyness.
if there's anything it will lose, it will be the carbon fiber, thats all. but I can even see the carbon fiber making it to production

post #10 of 11 Old 12-28-2013, 03:20 PM

can't wait till we see a production cheyenne

its the only one that isn't production out of this showdown!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Silverado Cheyenne Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page