Silverado Cheyenne Concept Information - Silverado Cheyenne Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 14 Old 11-13-2013, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Silverado Cheyenne Concept Information

The Chevrolet Silverado Cheyenne concept embraces the adage that less is more. With this performance-oriented concept of the all-new 2014 Silverado regular cab, a reduced curb weight and the performance of the new 420-horsepower 6.2L V-8 combine for a strong power-to-weight ratio and exhilarating performance.

A lowered ride height, a rear stabilizer bar and Brembo carbon ceramic brakes complement the Cheyenne conceptís high-performance personality with enhanced handling and braking capability. It rides on charcoal-painted 19-inch Camaro Z/28 aluminum wheels and high-performance tires.

The unique lightweight features built into the concept vehicle include carbon fiber replacements for the bumpers, tailgate and inner cargo box. The Camaro Z/28 Brembo carbon ceramic brakes offer additional weight savings, too, as the carbon ceramic-matrix rotors are significantly lighter than conventional steel rotors. Overall, the lightweight parts shaved approximately 200 pounds.

The all-new EcoTec3 6.2L V-8 that powers the concept truck is rated at 420 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque Ė the most power in the light-duty truck segment. Itís not available in regular-production Silverado regular cab models, giving the Cheyenne a 65-horsepower and 77 lb-ft boost over the production 5.3L V-8. A Borla performance exhaust system adds an authoritative note to the 6.2Lís output.

Source: General Motors

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 11-13-2013, 06:27 PM

i think that these lightweight trucks are going to do really well. So many people are buying trucks in the states, and if they give people the option of smaller pickups it will make more sense to people who live in more urban areas. It really is the size of the Cheyenne that appeals to me most. Other trucks are too big for me since I don't live on a farm or anything.
post #3 of 14 Old 11-14-2013, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusef View Post
i think that these lightweight trucks are going to do really well. So many people are buying trucks in the states, and if they give people the option of smaller pickups it will make more sense to people who live in more urban areas. It really is the size of the Cheyenne that appeals to me most. Other trucks are too big for me since I don't live on a farm or anything.
Also it's good they're finally pushing the performance truck market. I think if it wasn't for the Ford Raptor, Chevy would have never created this. Thank you Ford!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 11-15-2013, 02:04 PM

There is definitely more pressure in this segment now as companies are once again making new models to fill it up. And once one company does it, they all have to. It makes sense too. Trucks sell way better than cars and I anticipate that a smaller performance truck will really play to exactly what Americans are looking for right now.

What other cars are going to compete in this segment. You sat the Ford Raptor. Is that really the only other vehicle in the segment?
post #5 of 14 Old 11-15-2013, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusef View Post
There is definitely more pressure in this segment now as companies are once again making new models to fill it up. And once one company does it, they all have to. It makes sense too. Trucks sell way better than cars and I anticipate that a smaller performance truck will really play to exactly what Americans are looking for right now.

What other cars are going to compete in this segment. You sat the Ford Raptor. Is that really the only other vehicle in the segment?
I think the ford raptor is in a segment that's above the Cheyenne. But, ford does have their F150 in a sport package that should directly compete with the Cheyenne, going to need to see them go head to head.

post #6 of 14 Old 11-15-2013, 06:16 PM

yea ford raptor is in a whole differnt league. Id say the Cheyenne is going to compete with the F150 Tremor, means were going to see a sub $30K MSRP...
post #7 of 14 Old 11-16-2013, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemony squeezy View Post
yea ford raptor is in a whole differnt league. Id say the Cheyenne is going to compete with the F150 Tremor, means were going to see a sub $30K MSRP...
Exactly. The next step for Chevy should be to make a Raptor rival, it will be tough with the rep the Raptor has.

post #8 of 14 Old 11-26-2013, 11:28 AM

the concept is crazy. highly doubt the production will be anything like it

its basically a camaro in a truck.

post #9 of 14 Old 11-26-2013, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by burritotacosalsa View Post
the concept is crazy. highly doubt the production will be anything like it

its basically a camaro in a truck.
you never know, aside from the carbon fiber it's not too far off from being production ready, it has everything Chevy already sells and stocks.

post #10 of 14 Old 11-27-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vEight View Post
Exactly. The next step for Chevy should be to make a Raptor rival, it will be tough with the rep the Raptor has.
The Cheyenne concept would make a good Raptor competitor.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Silverado Cheyenne Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page