Chevrolet debuts the Reaper to battle with the Ford SV Raptor - Silverado Cheyenne Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 13 Old 01-27-2014, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Chevrolet debuts the Reaper to battle with the Ford SV Raptor

Thanks to Lingenfelter and Southern Comfort Automotive, Chevrolet fans now have that perfect high-performance pickup truck that can rival the almighty For F-150 SVT Raptor. It's called the 2014 Silverado Reaper.

The Reaper is fitted with a new front fascia, 17-inch beadlock wheels, and a Fox Racing suspension system. The integrated flood light system is a nice touch, and all this comes with a Ligenfelter supercharged V8 engine connected to a Corsa exhaust system.

The kit will also come with optional custom exterior graphics, a bespoke gauge package and stitched headrests. Pricing is unknown as of yet, but the conversion kits will become available through select Chevrolet dealerships that sell Southern Comfort trucks later this year.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 01-27-2014, 01:27 PM

ugly, stupid wishful thinking. Its not even a real Chevy. No bolt on kit will make silvy rival the raptor. I'm sorry it just cant. The raptor was ENGINEERED to be that way, its not just an F150 with big tires...
post #3 of 13 Old 01-27-2014, 03:08 PM

Not as appealing as the Raptor, i doubt it will be as legendary as the Raptor, just going to have to see where it goes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 02-05-2014, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

A supercharged V8 engine sounds like fun to me. I am not going to discount it if I can't give it a spin around the block. Everyone wants Chevy to make a Raptor fighter and now that it advertises one people don't like? Make up your mind.
post #5 of 13 Old 02-06-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusef View Post
A supercharged V8 engine sounds like fun to me. I am not going to discount it if I can't give it a spin around the block. Everyone wants Chevy to make a Raptor fighter and now that it advertises one people don't like? Make up your mind.
Chevy didnt make a Raptor fighter, Ligenfelter did. You know people are allowed to have opinions right? When you're being asked to spend $50+K on a pickup truck you better be in love with every inch.

My mind is made up, not for me bud.
post #6 of 13 Old 02-06-2014, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemony squeezy View Post
Chevy didnt make a Raptor fighter, Ligenfelter did. You know people are allowed to have opinions right? When you're being asked to spend $50+K on a pickup truck you better be in love with every inch.

My mind is made up, not for me bud.
Yup.
Not everyone is going to like everything a car maker makes. At this point I might even pick up a used raptor one day but there's a while to go before that happens.

post #7 of 13 Old 02-08-2014, 04:40 PM

that thing looks.. kind of ugly.. how much power does it make?

post #8 of 13 Old 02-09-2014, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

I could definitely do without the decal on the back, and the overall styling isn't great but I bet that it would be fun to drive.
post #9 of 13 Old 02-10-2014, 01:01 PM

got a link to the specs? I want to see how much HP this thing makes for being so ugly.

post #10 of 13 Old 02-14-2014, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Found an article online which tells us the horsepower is 550 on this engine.

Quote:
Just behind the revised grille, however, is a Lingenfelter supercharged V8 engine producing 550 hp using the optional Magnuson TSV1900 supercharger system, which roars through a Corsa exhaust system.
Not bad, not bad...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Silverado Cheyenne Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page