Covid and my workplace - Silverado Cheyenne Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 5 Old 08-12-2021, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Covid and my workplace

I work offshore, and my rig has a policy that we arrive a couple of days earlier for testing for covid. As soon as we get negative results, we will be allowed to change the crew. As soon as this vaccination (by the way, this is not a vaccination) came out, my company, like many other companies, began to encourage us to get vaccinated. Only a few people on my installation got a chance, so my company changed its policy. If you get the shot, you won't have to come to New Orleans early to get tested, because those who have the shot no longer need to be tested.
Well, 1 hitch passes, and here we are. An outbreak on my tower... 11 positive test result after someone feels the symptoms and reports it to the doctor. I'm at home during this outbreak and I don't know anything about it yet. I am arranging a trip to New Orleans for testing, and then going to the hotel to wait for the results for the crew change in the coming days. It is only in the afternoon before the crew change (by the way, registration at the heliport is at 5 am) that we receive an email from our radio operator saying that we have a Hot installation. We don't have the option to cancel the trip due to a possible infection or any health problems, for that matter.
We go up to the tower and find out that 5 out of 11 were in MY DEPARTMENT. And that all of them were subjected to medical treatment shortly before our arrival. 1 of them was my relief (which is not on the tower, because he received medical treatment, and we live in the same room.) While I was unpacking in my room, my colleague knocked on my door and asked me to come and check this **** out. He opens the door and sees a stack of styrofoam plates, used water bottles, the bedding on the beds has not even been changed. His room has not been cleaned/disinfected since other employees of our department were quarantined in this room. I tell him to get his **** out of there right away and not come in until he's been disinfected.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-12-2021, 06:09 PM

Covid has changed my life very much..
post #3 of 5 Old 08-12-2021, 06:24 PM

By the way, my wife was also forced to get vaccinated against covid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-12-2021, 06:25 PM

I think it's terrible.. I will try to tell you more..
post #5 of 5 Old 08-12-2021, 06:33 PM

Dude, covid is a very serious virus. If I had thought differently at first, I now realized that I would have been completely wrong. I used to grin at stories when they told me that people were infected with covid, and now I'm very ashamed of it, because I experienced it myself. My best friend caught the virus, and at first I thought that it would pass quickly without any serious consequences. But then his health got worse and worse, and I didn't know what to do. I was very afraid for him. I realized how dangerous it was and stocked up on antigen corona test because I wanted to protect my family. I am very glad that my best friend has recovered and all my tests were negative.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Silverado Cheyenne Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page